Wednesday, September 2, 2009

MN State Fair

a quick collage of some guinea fowl done when I got home--the newspaper was perfect for their subtle gray coloring


watercolor sketch of an Asiatic Brahman


also known as the "Great Minnesota Get Together" (I prefer my son's version--the Great Minnesota SWEAT Together). I met with a group of other Twin Cities journal artists for a "sketch out". We spent some time in the poultry barns and then did some general people watching/sketching. Check out some of the other work at Twin Cities Sketchers It was a perfect day weather-wise. It didn't even earn its usual "sweat together" title. Add some deep fried cheese curds to the mix and it was a great day at the fair.

2 comments:

  1. glad to hear from you! And happy to have you visit any time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a soft spot for guinea fowl. Yours are very charming!

    ReplyDelete