Wednesday, January 27, 2010

zentangle


my "zentangle" done sans instructions

I was just recently made aware of the "Zentangle". You can check out the website and read how they were "discovered" and all about the great benefits you can derive from making them. You can also spend $50.00 to buy a kit with instructions on how to make a zentangle along with some pens and paper. I hate to be cynical, but I feel like the guy who pointed out that the emperor had no clothes. Seriously, this is the art form formerly known as "doodling". We've all been making zentangles in the margins of our papers for a long time! And I agree that doodling is fun and meditative and creative--all the things the website claims for zentangling--I just think that you can probably derive just as much benefit all on your own with no instructions and totally free of charge. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment